Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Out Of The Mouth Of My Babe

After his friend left our house, my son kept complaining he felt ill despite his body and appetite remaining active.  As he was dropping off to sleep our conversation went like this:

Him: (whine)  I don't know why I'm not feeling well, Mom.

Me:  I don't know either, honey.  Especially considering that you were still able to play basketball and eat an ice cream sundae.

Him: (matter-of-fact, whine)  I didn't eat it with joy like I usually do.


I love that kid.

6 Comments:

agirlnamedmel said...

ha! sounds like my oldest. can't believe some of the stuff kids come up with.

Elisa said...

:)

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Sometimes kids are just waaaay too smart for their own good!

anymommy said...

I know exactly how he feels. I can always cram ice cream down, but if you can't revel in it, something is wrong. So funny.

Unknown said...

haha awesome!

shrink on the couch said...

I see a podium, a round blue seal, and a press corp in this kid's future.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.