Saturday, January 2, 2010

Reflections (Not Resolutions) on the Millenium Thus Far




It is the end of the first decade of the millenium.

Was is really ten years ago that I watched with friends as the ball dropped and we held our breath waiting for the Y2K destruction that never materialized?

Was it really twenty-one years ago that I left all my friends, family, and furniture behind in NYC to start anew in Los Angeles?

The older I get the more I understand the phrase time flies.  How can SO much time have passed?  I'm still in my early twenties for god's sakes ...

Except now I'm in my early twenties with a teenager.   And a boy who thinks he's a teenager.  And a husband I've been with for 19 years.  And my third and fourth Labradors, my first minivan (ugh. did you hear me, hubby, I said UGH?)... so many things have changed.

Yet one thing remains the same.

My dream of becoming a published writer.

I've had this same dream for... let's see.... computing... wait for it  ...

37 YEARS 

OMG!  Holy crap.  Time really does fly.

F*ck!

(BTW, my trash mouth... remains the same).

So, will 2010 be the year I finish my novel?  Will it be the year I start the book of essays I've been thinking about?  (Cause I'm getting really bored talking about it and you're probably getting really bored hearing about it.)

Stay tuned to see if this will be the decade when merlotmom finally achieves her life-long goal?

F*cking better be.

Tha's right.

But for now,  I'll just hope for a happy, healthy, peaceful New Year for my family and all of my friends.

My best to all of you.

(And if I give birth to a novel, I'll be sure to let you all know where I'm registered ;)  ...)


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.
LETS MAKE 2010 GREAT!

2 Comments:

the mama bird diaries said...

Happy New Year!! I see a novel in your future. xo

JCK said...

Happy New Year, Fran! I wish you a finished novel or book of essays -whichever comes first...this year!

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.