Friday, July 10, 2009

Can You Spell L-O-S-E-R?

I would love to tell you all that I am 3/4 of the way through my novel for FraMoWrihoweverlongittakesMo.
But I'd be lying.
I am not even close.

I did get off to a strong start but truly...what the hell was I thinking???

I committed myself during a time when:

  • school was finishing
  • we took our family vacation (which was great btw)
  • we are undergoing construction and other home improvements 
  • the kids are home EVERY DAY, ALL DAY  
I set myself up to fail...which is a whole other Pandora's box of therapy-worthy introspection  (but not now, I don't have time!)

It literally is a joke.

All day workers call my name, hammers pound my walls, shovels dig into my dirt, drills screech into my stone.  My kids whine, my dogs bark, and the phone, please, will someone please quiet the damn phone.

And then it's 9am.

I'm exhausted.
I'm frustrated.
I'm hungry.
I want to write!

Last week, I told myself this week.
This week, I've promised myself next week.
Wonder what I'll tell myself after that.

I feel like a failure.

6 Comments:

shrink on the couch said...

Kids all day? Enough said.

ByJane said...

L-O-S-E-R? N-0. How about W-T-F.

Fran, Fran, Frraaaannnnnnnnn! Why are you in that bathroom now when I need you? Pee on your own time! Wear a diaper! I want you N-O-W!!!!!

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

You're not a loser! Like you said, it's just not a good time - how could you even focus with all that going on around you.

Can you set a new date to start? Say, the second week of school? :)

the mama bird diaries said...

it is impossible to get anything done in the summer. there is no time. The fall. The fall is the time to get things done.

Rhea said...

When I was frustrated that I wasn't getting more done in many areas of my life, a friend said to me, "You can't bloom on every branch at the same time." Maybe she said it in a more poetic way, but you get the idea.

merlotmom said...

Rhea - THat's pretty poetic to me. Thanks.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.