Friday, June 26, 2009

Now This Is What I Call A Vacation

This is Mirror Lake



Not hard to figure how it got it's name.

As our family drove the scenic byway 10,000 feet up through the Wasatch-Cache National Forest, we marveled at the majestic evergreens and watched in amazement as our car's outside temperature gauge dropped from 80 degrees to 76 to 74 and down to a final 62 degrees upon reaching our destination. 

We saw remnants of winter clinging to life



As summer pushed it's way in

 
 We watched as city boy met country boy
  
and learned about trout fishing

Watching the life go out of these innocents was a little hard for this city girl to take but since I'm not a vegetarian, I was not one to judge.  (The family who caught these were planning on eating them for dinner, fyi.)

When we got home, I spent two hours working on my novel.

It was a good day.

7 Comments:

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

TWO HOURS on your novel! Now THAT is a vacation.

So glad you had a good time! And fresh trout for dinner? MOST delicious. Too bad they didn't invite you to stay!

AMomTwoBoys said...

You're in Utah AGAIN? DAYUM. Heh.

Love you. When you're back on your home turf, let's make a lunch date.

xoxo

Maura said...

Looks like a beautiful place. And clearly inspiring. :-)

sarah said...

I think I drove through the Wasatch mountains when I drove across country a long time ago. Gorgeous stuff.

anymommy said...

Gorgeous. My kids just went fishing for the first time and they loved it. They are still talking about the fish friends they made.

Also, you are awesome! 3500 words, 2 hours. I am impressed.

InTheFastLane said...

That looks AWESOME! I miss the mountains. When in are in California in a few weeks, we have a mountain trip planned and I can't wait.

Wendy said...

Looks awesome. Nice looking fish! We just went to a fishing derby contest, so I know what you mean. The fish lying around gasping for air was a bit much.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.