Monday, March 16, 2009

Give Me The Grateful Life - Monday

I feel like I was just here.
Oh yeah, that was Friday.
Well, considering how little I've been posting lately,  I WAS JUST HERE.

But it's Monday and I don't want to forget to show my weekly gratitude hence I start the week with some bad karma.
  1. I am grateful for selling some of our furniture on Craig's list so we can afford a bit of new.
  2. I am grateful for the burst of color from the budding flowers in my yard.
  3. I am grateful for spending some time (albeit brief) with just my family this weekend.  Sometimes I forget we make a pretty good team.
  4. I am grateful for being one of a few people in the room when a spontaneous jam session broke out with John Mayer and some friends.  That was definitely the coolest thing that's happened to me in a long time.
  5. And, of course, I am grateful FOR MEETING JOHN MAYER THIS WEEKEND CAUSE HE TOTALLY ROCKS AND IS SO COOL AND PUT HIS ARM AROUND ME AND LAUGHED AT MY WEAK JOKES.  (If you ever want to feel like a gushing young teen again, take a picture with a rock star, that'll do it.)

What are you grateful about this week?

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful I don't have pink eye... yet.

April said...

How exciting about J Mayer. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful the source of the leak in the basement has been identified and repaired.

I'm totally jealous of your John Mayer encounter! Very cool!

I can't find my blog said...

I'm grateful for your pic of John this weekend!

ByJane said...

...and Jen was where? oh yeah, that's right - he's over her, or is she over him?

dkuroiwa said...

~~sigh~~ John Mayer. How cool was that, huh? You look great, by the way!!

I'm grateful....that my oldest son's flu is almost over.
...that spring has decided to come to Japan and she is beautiful this year.
...that I don't have class tomorrow so I can go through my clothes to find something to wear to my youngest son's kindergarten graduation.

Have a beautiful week!!

the mama bird diaries said...

How cool!

I'm grateful for rock stars.

Susan Bearman said...

John Mayer touched you? I'm grateful for Merlot Mom's blog, which has just been named recipient of the prestigious Premio Dardos Award. Congratulations twice.

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful I met you this evening. It was a pleasure. Let's keep in touch.
xo tracey

Maternal Mirth said...

So, let me get this straight... you got to meet John Mayer, Chris Mann and ME in the last 2 weeks????

You really ARE lucky :o)

Angela said...

Wow - that is awesome you met John Mayer. That would make me a bit starstruck.

Anyways, having my glass of merlot, thought I'd comment on your site, loving reading this and thought I'd say hello. I'm on my 3rd and loving this buzz after a long day with baby. I deserve this. And am exhausted...

shrink on the couch said...

Now that totally rocks the socks off anything I have for this weekend! Will you be my new BFF?

How did you happen to be in the room? Job related?

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.