Today started out with beautiful weather and endless possibilities.
I was going to clear off my desk,
Write. Write. Write some more.
Clean out my son's room because the handyman was coming to take apart some furniture we're selling.
I was going to do carpool.
And write or even READ before dinner.
HA! Joke was on me.
I took my dogs to the park because my puppy would have eaten me otherwise.
I talked to my pool man for 45 minutes about ...nothing.
I talked to my neighbor for 30 minutes about ...nothing.
I watched my handyman try to disassemble my son's furniture for an hour.
Which ultimately he couldn't disassemble without breaking because the person who helped us put it together in the first place, did TOO good a job.
I spent the next hour watching him take a very loud hammer to it and waiting for the cops to come.
Did I mention this was the piece I had designed for my first born as a show of motherly love?
The piece that I lovingly handed down to my son after he was born.
The piece I was hoping to hand down to some other lucky child the day my kids got too old.
Wanna see a picture?
Okay, it was messy (8 year old boy's room, yo!)
But cute, no?
WELL, NOW IT'S DEAD! Slaughtered. Along with my heart.
So I spent the rest of the afternoon reaching deep inside my pantry and pulling out comfort food: a chocolate bar, some cookies, some tortilla chips (hint of lime, yum, ugh), peanut butter, dried apricots, peanuts...there was more but I think I blacked out after that.
Did I mention I'd been cutting out carbs and sugar?
So, I didn't get to clear out my desk, or write, or read.
And the only thing endless about this day turned out to be MY STOMACH!
Anyone have a Tums?