Anyway, I hope you'll join me in acknowledging the good and momentarily forgetting the bad and the ugly.
And let's get to it!
- I am grateful for my new favorite show, The United States of Tara. If you get Showtime and you haven't seen it, SEE IT. Between Diablo Cody's fabulous, oddball writing and Toni Collette's brilliant acting, you will see your own home life as positively SANE.
- I am grateful to all of you who answered my musical quest for new tunes. Thanks to you, I will be exercising with a renewed vigor tomorrow!
- I am grateful for the longer days (or, rather, I will be when my body clock catches up).
- I am grateful for the gorgeous California weather.
- I am unbelievably grateful for my new neighbors, who happen to be old friends, who happen to have a boy my son's age and an adorable girl my daughter can babysit, and a dog my dogs can play with, and who give me the opportunity to scream "DINNER'S READY" from outside my window like my grandparents from Brooklyn did before me.
- Oh, and I'm grateful my daughter is (at least for the moment) over her fear of having a Bat Mitzvah. I'm crossing my fingers.
What are you grateful for? It's good therapy, give it a try.