Monday, September 29, 2008

Give Me The Grateful Life - Monday


Sorry for the delay of Give Me The Grateful Life - Monday, I was busy spilling splattering cooking soup for the Jewish holiday. Since it's a holiday, it makes it a little easier to remember the what and the whom I'm grateful for...

  1. I'm grateful for holidays when I am forced to break from my normal hermit-like tendencies and enjoy my friends.
  2. I'm grateful for my husband who is better looking now than the day I met him. (Okay, he's a better person, too, should you think I'm just a shallow bitch.)
  3. I'm grateful for my son's third grade teacher who wants to see my struggling kid succeed (almost) as much as I do.
  4. I'm grateful that I am MY world's best chicken soup...maker. (Challenge me, I DARE you.)
  5. I'm grateful you guys keep coming back to read even though I've flaked on the rest of the Japan trip. (It's still coming...soon...I promise...this week??? Possibly.)

On another note: The concealer contest is still on. What's up with you women, does no one wear makeup in the blogosphere?! I know that is a lie. So, come on, tell me what you think by Friday, October 3. See this post for details. If I get enough responses I'll giveaway the winning product. Kay?

12 Comments:

Connie said...

I'm grateful for Loralee, she makes living in Utah bearable.

I'm grateful that my husband has a good job.

I'm grateful that the Fall TV season has started.

Anonymous said...

I would never presume to challenge a Jewish mother to a chicken soup cook-off. :P

Although I am not grateful Beloved is out of town on business and in Texas, to boot, where he is calling me every time he passes a 1) Mexican restaurant and 2) a Whataburger (which means we've pretty much been on the phone nonstop since he got there this afternoon) I AM grateful for frozen chicken nuggets and Easy Mac for The Young One, as well as frozen vegetables, frozen precooked chicken and cous cous for me.

Because while I am not privileged to taste your chicken soup, I don't have to cook, either.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

soooooo thaaaaat's what happened to part 2 Japan style?

good grateful list.

I can't find my blog said...

Happy Rosh Hashanna, or what ever you say. What do you say?

I'm grateful for our Jewish friends that came to dinner last night before the holiday!

I'm grateful that HD got an overtime job-but worried because he is very tired.

I'm grateful for my friend Merlot Mom!

InTheFastLane said...

I don't wear that kind of make-up, so I suppose that I am grateful that I do not have any wrinkles yet.

shrink on the couch said...

I'm grateful its nearly October. Cooler weather is on the way. I can't even think about chicken soup until November, let alone cook it.

the mama bird diaries said...

I'm grateful that it isn't cold yet. And I'm grateful for my alone time with my little one. And I'm grateful that I don't have to go to holiday services but just get to eat yummy food with my in-laws.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I guess you ARE serious about this concealer business. Okay, then, if wall spackle isn't your thing, I recommend MAC's concealer. It comes in the same shades as the foundations and worked darn well for me. Unless you look like Uncle Fester on the Addams Family, it should work.

the lovely msmeta

Maggie, Dammit said...

I'm grateful for Sarah Silverman.

Lo said...

have a sweet new year!!!!

also.. you may not want to give away your secrets... but maybe you could post this chicken soup recipe? i'm just curious. i am forever trying to find THE perfect chicken noodle soup. it is my favorite. (second only to homemade mac&cheese)

i am grateful that i love my husband and he miraculously still loves me after all of my crazy antics, i am thankful to have a job that pays above minimum wage, i am thankful to have a family that cares for me so much. i am thankful that i am healthy.

Manic Mommy said...

I am grateful for the friends I've made in the blogosphere. Especially those who understand that sometimes real life must take precedence (even if that's when you most want to hide in your computer).

I'm grateful for my boys. Always. but especially yesterday when they saw me cry for the first time and showed compassion and concern.

I hope your new year is starting off sweet(ly?). Oh, you know what I mean.

Meg said...

I grateful wine has fewer carbs than beer and is on the Atkin's list.

And am waiting eagerly for Japan 2. I used to live in Tokyo, so I love hearing about other people's experiences there.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.