Okay. It's Monday.
Give Me the Grateful Life - Monday.
So, despite the fact that I am feeling anything BUT grateful today: stuck at home with two sick kids, two chocolate-squirting dogs, a husband whose back went out and has spent all weekend
useless loopy on painkillers, I will do my best to find the positive.
That's what the gratitude journal is for, right?
So, here goes...
- I'm grateful that I discovered a cheap place to have my hair blown out for a Saturday night event because it took the focus off the ever-deepening fault lines beneath my eyes. (Could someone please recommend a concealer that camouflages wrinkles rather than accentuates them?!)
- I'm grateful for brown rice and bananas which will (hopefully) stop my dogs from squirting out stinky, liquid poop patties all over my backyard.
- I'm grateful I haven't YET found stinky, liquid poop patties anywhere OTHER than my backyard.
- I'm grateful both my kids are home sick today and content watching television because that means NO CARPOOL this afternoon! Yippee!
- I'm grateful Merlotdad is having acupuncture for his herniated disc today because
HE NEEDS TO SOBER UP AND GET BACK ON HIS FEET SO HE CAN HELP ME OUT AROUND HEREI feel bad for him when he's in so much pain.
I feel better already. Oprah, it works!
What are you grateful for this Monday??