Monday, September 22, 2008

Give Me The Grateful Life - Monday

Okay.  It's Monday.
Give Me the Grateful Life - Monday.

So, despite the fact that I am feeling anything BUT grateful today: stuck at home with two sick kids, two chocolate-squirting dogs, a husband whose back went out and has spent all weekend useless loopy on painkillers, I will do my best to find the positive.

That's what the gratitude journal is for, right?
Oprah?
Right.

So, here goes...

  1. I'm grateful that I discovered a cheap place to have my hair blown out for a Saturday night event because it took the focus off the ever-deepening fault lines beneath my eyes.  (Could someone please recommend a concealer that camouflages wrinkles rather than accentuates them?!)
  2. I'm grateful for brown rice and bananas which will (hopefully) stop my dogs from squirting out stinky, liquid poop patties all over my backyard.
  3. I'm grateful I haven't YET found stinky, liquid poop patties anywhere OTHER than my backyard.
  4. I'm grateful both my kids are home sick today and content watching television because that means NO CARPOOL this afternoon!  Yippee!
  5. I'm grateful Merlotdad is having acupuncture for his herniated disc today because HE NEEDS TO SOBER UP AND GET BACK ON HIS FEET SO HE CAN HELP ME OUT AROUND HERE I feel bad for him when he's in so much pain.

I feel better already.  Oprah, it works!

What are you grateful for this Monday??

16 Comments:

I can't find my blog said...

Gah. Hubbys with herniated discs suck. So. I'm grateful that it has been a year since my hubby was flat on his back AND in the hospital. I'm also grateful that no one around here is sick. Let's see...nope, that's all for today! Oh! Grateful for Monday Night Football.

Anonymous said...

Answer to question No. 1:

Wall Spackle.

msmeta

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful that my husband is off today taking care of all the workers at our house and I'm here at work where I can "relax."

I'm grateful that when I get home tonight, dinner will be made. (Maybe he should become a stay-at-home husband).

I'm grateful that it's already 3:30.

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for the beautiful Fall weather and the opportunity to tour the upper grades at my kids' school today.

I almost choked on the walnuts I was chewing when I read about your dogs' squirts.

One teeny-tiny unit (or two) of Botox under each eye, opens them and relaxes those wrinkles...so I've heard.

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful my crazy-ass SIL only comes over once in blue moon. *sigh*

InventingLiz said...

I am grateful that whatever my dog found deep in the bushes at the Arboretum yesterday, which she managed to scarf down before I could pull her off it and which made her breath stink unbearably, does not appear to have made her sick (knock wood). Cuz I have already had to throw away an entire COUCH that was ruined the last time something she ate made her sick.

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

I am grateful my dd is musically talented and when she practices her cello, it sounds good.

Vodka Mom said...

okay. you win. I'll be over with the drinks.

InTheFastLane said...

I am grateful that it is almost time for me to sleep. Really, that's all I've for for today.

the mama bird diaries said...

i'm grateful that i no longer have a dog.

b/c mine used to poop all over the apartment.

Connie said...

I'm grateful for the wine that made visiting my in-laws tolerable.

I'm grateful for twitter that made driving 20 hours through Wyoming this weekend tolerable.

I'm grateful that I was able to go on a date with my husband.

I'm grateful that my children were good on our little trip and that we may be able to travel more now.

BOSSY said...

Bananas? Really? Bossy's instinct would be the opposite. Good old white sticky rice (basmati) and boiled chicken works pretty well too.

shrink on the couch said...

I'm grateful you are using your mighty power in the blogosphere to locate a decent concealer. Need.one.bad.

Anonymous said...

First time reader.....How is it that school has only been in session for one month and kids are already sick?
I feel ya

Meg said...

I'm grateful for others who are researching concealers and hopeful they'll share the knowledge.

Maggie, Dammit said...

I'm grateful you are a sweet, forgiving soul who won't get mad at me for wishing such a belated birthday to your daughter. :)

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.