If you're a regular here, you've heard of my recent trials with our new puppy, Peanut: the smelly accidents, the bloody mess, the constant tripping over her as she attaches herself to my thigh...you've been patient, supportive, delivered the appropriate amount of sympathy, so I'll reward your good natures with a story that will make you chuckle.
My son, J, you know, the-one-I-haven't-put-up-for-adoption-despite-his-anger-management-issues-
Well, the other reason I haven't kicked him to the curb is because he makes me laugh. The kid's got talent. Anyway, the other day, he was running around naked before showering and he decided to see what Peanut would do when introduced to a penis. He shimmied and shook his little cocktail weiner to get the dog's attention. I warned him against it but he's stubborn that way. What does Mom know, right? Like chum to a fish, Peanut came runnin'. I watched with one eye open and the rest of my face scrunched. Immediately, Peanut did what all dogs do when encountered with something new.
She sniffed it.
She licked it.
She licked it again.
J stopped laughing.
She licked it again.
J closed his eyes.
J started moaning
"Okay, enough," I said separating the two from their momentary bliss.
For a moment, my son toured a region of the world I was hoping he wouldn't visit AT LEAST until high school (and when he did I was hoping he'd see it with a nice girl named Madison, Hannah, or Lily) .
I guess this is the first of many maternal fantasies crushed by independent-thinking children.
*Thank you to Nanny Goats In Panties (she is every bit as funny as her name) who honored me with my first blogging award, although it's in Spanish and I have to say, despite being an A student in the language, I have no idea what the heck this award is about because the blog is in, yep, you guessed it, Spanish. But I'll take an award anywhere I can get it, so here it is.
Hmmm, any clues? Anyhow, here are the rules for this prestigious kudo:
1) You must choose 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for creativity, design, interesting material, and contribution to the blogging community, regardless of language.
2) You must publish the name of each award-winning author as well as a link to his or her blog.
3) Each award-winner must post a picture of the award and link back to the blog that has given the award.
4) Both the giver and the recipient of the award must link to the “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) You must post these rules.Okay, so I hereby bestow this glorious piece of blog bling to the following, most deserving of blogs:
A Mom Two Boys
June Cleaver Nirvana