Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dueling Cell Phones: My Relationship With My Tween In A Nutshell



"Hi, you've reached "M's" cell phone and...it's Friday, June 20... and until... Saturday, June 21 I might not be answering my cell phone...unless you're my mom because then I have to answer it or you'll get really mad at me so... yeah...okay, bye, leave a message, bye."


"Hi, "M", this is your mother calling and you're not answering your phone so... I guess I'm really mad at you...so... yeah. Call me back. Bye.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. I bet you didn't even know how mad you were.

Anonymous said...

It will progress as the years pass to you leaving messages like:

"Please call me back so I'll know you're not dead in a ditch somewhere."

Although that happens mostly when they're old enough to leave home. At least for days at a time.

Manic Mommy said...

Wow. That's some great passive aggression she's got going there.

Susan Bearman said...

My friend swears texting is the answer. Give it a shot.

InTheFastLane said...

I think we have the same two dueling cell phones in our house. Sometimes I even resort to texting her down to dinner instead of yelling 12 times.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.