Thursday, June 19, 2008

Casa de Cuckoo Part Deux, Trois, Quatre...

I love my family.
I love my family.
I love my family.

You got it?
Yes?
Good.

Cuz now that you know how much I love them, I can say this without guilt...

GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE, SOMEONE, RESCUE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trapped in my house, one kid still sick, laundry piling, dishes stacking, dog hair shedding, and husband going away for three days on his testosterone-laden, action-filled weekend.

While he's boating on Utah's Jordanelle and hiking the majestic Wasatch mountains, I'll be cruising across smog-laden Los Angeles in my gas guzzling SUV, chauffeuring to karate, a sleepover, and a bat mitzvah.

Oh, yay! I can't wait for the weekend. I'm soooo excited!

I love my family.
I love my family.
I love my family.

WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


**Note: I just downloaded a movie clip for Get Smart on Itunes. It is hysterical! I am DEFINITELY SEEING THIS MOVIE TOMORROW! I don't know how, I don't know when, but I'm going! Things are looking up!

photo courtesy of cinematical.com

10 Comments:

ByJane said...

does he get seasick????

Your Pal Pinki said...

Enjoy your movie!

Anonymous said...

I got your blogspot address from the Sac Bee. Lucky me.

I have one (son) in college and one "going into 10th" while I'm in hell. Teenage girls! Woo Hoo

Love my family!

p.s. glad to hear you visted your friend in hospital.

Manic Mommy said...

Oh, go to the movie. I'll watch the kids for the afternoon.

Anonymous said...

You can love them and not want to be anywhere near them at the same time.

I do it all the time.

I call it multitasking

Insane Mama said...

I'm with you, is it too early for a drink????

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

I see the commercials for bi-polar disorder and I wonder how they got into my head.....

Love 'em, but sometimes I would love them to go away!

{sue} said...

Oh, I hear you. I really do. I hope the last sick child is well enough for you to turn them over to a babysitter and go to see Get Smart!

Anonymous said...

It's OK to need to flee every once in a while. I feel the same way. makes you appreciate them more when you get home...

InTheFastLane said...

Good Luck! I hope you get out soon!

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.