Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Today Show Disappoints - Again

I have said before that the Today show has lost my respect and my advertising dollars (oh come on, they do so care) as they leave the lofty hilltop of serious journalism and ride down the slippery slope toward sensational, celebrity-driven, corporation-driven "news". I'm all for a little fluff and cross-promotion with my morning tea but three hours worth? (The first hour doesn't count - this is when they report real news for the "working" men and women of the world as they get ready for some "serious" contribution.)

By the time the fourth hour comes around, the main audience is housewives taking care of the kids, taking care of the house (you know the easy stuff), and this is what they think we want to watch?

I didn't like Kathie Lee on Regis.
I didn't like her when she berated our blogger girl, Dooce.
And I like her less now that she set up the usually cool Lauren Hutton to bad-mouth SATC.

DON'T-DISS-MY-SEX-AND-THE-CITY-AND-EXPECT-TO-GET-AWAY-WITH-IT!!
NUH-UH, BE-ATCH!

And the kicker! Neither one of them has seen the damn movie and LH has never even seen the show!

Kathie Lee, this hour, gives intelligent SAH women a bad name.

Step away from the microphone KLG.

I'd rather watch Martha bake bread with her toes.

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

"merlot mom" I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH YOUR COMMENT."WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT KATHIE LEE" WHEN WILL THE TODAY SHOW OPEN THEIR EYES AND REALIZE HOW MANY VIEWERS THEY HAVE LOST WITH HAVING MEREDITH,AND THAT DREADFUL 4TH HR. WITH KATHIE LEE, SHE THINKS SHE IS GOOD AT WHAT SHE DOES,"WRONG" SHE TRIES TO BE FUNNY, "SHE IS FAR FROM FUNNY" ALSO THINKS SHE HAS TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION AND ACTUALLY THINKS SHE IS MRS. AMERICA, "WRONG AGAIN". LISTEN TO AMERICA "NBC" AND IMPROVE YOUR SHOW, GET YOUR VIEWERS BACK BY SENDING MEREDITH BACK TO THE VIEW, AND KATHIE LEE BACK TO THE GUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ByJane said...

She clearly uses the same plastic surgeon as Michael Jackson and Priscilla Presley. He ought to be defrocked. They ought to be taken to the Lower Forty and run through the cattle chute.

Anonymous said...

I'm in Australia so unfortunately don't have to endure the trite this woman displays, however I did see the video clip of her interviewing Dooce and instantly disliked her and her absolute stupidity. I'm with you - give it up KLG.

Manic Mommy said...

OMG! I caught a little of her last week - she was interviewing a woman who just wrote a book about how every memory in her head from about the age of 7 is crystal clear (she's being studied).

I can't tell you anymore about her "condition" because KLG was such a TERRIBLE interviewer that I learned nothing about a topic that may actually have been interesting.

To top it all off, KLG ended the interview by saying "don't forget us!". Disgusting.

Anonymous said...

I have stopped watching the TODAY SHOW in the last hour ...I can't take Kathie Lee, she is way to FAKE!!! What happened to Ann and her crew???
Does NBC know The New format isn't working...
I would rather watch the anything but this..
I have talked to friends and they have stopped watching as well...
Kathie needs to go back to her singing, NOT the TODAY SHOW!!!

Susan Bearman said...

Never did like KLG either. Not her hosting, not her singing. Don't usually watch "Today", but caught her for a few moments and said to meself — "Nope, still don't like her."

P.S. Original said...

I used to watch the Today show before Matt got his hair plugs and Willard did the Smuckers B'days.I stopped watching when they brought on Bill O'Reilly as a news source. Sounds like it has gone from bad to awful! Either the producers are on crack or they think their viewers are!

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.