Monday, June 2, 2008

Menage A Trois: Sex and the City, SJP and me


Before Friday's SATC movie release, I refused to read reviews, interviews, blogs, anything that might risk plot spoilage.

I saw the movie Saturday night - now I can't push the characters and their stories out of my mind.

I have my thoughts on the film, faves and flaws, but I'm spilling nothing. For better or for worse, I love these gals and seeing them again felt like a reunion with long lost friends. (I wish I had friends like these when I was single in NYC.) So when I sat down at my computer this morning, ready to catch up on the day's news and write a post, it should be no surprise that upon seeing a link to an interview with SJP, I clicked.

One hour later, I surfaced from my SJP rendezvous, mesmerized and infatuated. Each time I see her interviewed I like her more. Her humility, compassion, intellect - I'm a teenager with a crush - I want to be her!

Did I mention that I had a HUGE crush on Matthew Broderick before SJP met him? I spent an entire lunch hour stalking him as he circled Washington Square Park. Poor thing was still limping from the car accident he had in Ireland. He was gaunt and pale but that didn't stop me! I remember thinking, like any stalker worth her weight in psychosis, that I looked just like his girlfriend, Jennifer Grey, and dreaming that he'd turn around, ask me out for coffee, and dump the stale Dirty Dancing bitch for some fresh meat. (Hey, no one puts baby merlotmom in a corner.)

He did eventually go for the girlfriend switcheroo, but he picked Miss Sarah, not Miss Merlot- so she and I have something in common - which is nice. (Caddyshack reference - anyone? anyone?)

So readers, for today, rather than a pithy post or a profound presentation, you've been to merlotmom's and as the t-shirt says:

... all you got was this lousy link

(scroll down for the video of SJP)

Or maybe you'd rather spend an hour with your kids or something. Pffffft!

If you've seen the movie and want to talk, contact me! I'm dying to spill.

5 Comments:

Manic Mommy said...

I need to kidnap my friends and go see this movie. They are like my girls.

The Caddyshack reference? The Dali Lama gives Bill Murray (before he dies) total consciousness. So he's got that goin' for him. Which is nice...

Anonymous said...

I'm in Oz, so movie does not start until this Thursday 5th June - so definately don't want you to spill. But can't wait!!! Had a laugh at your comment about Matthew Broderick though. I saw him in "And then she found me" movie the other day and simply don't get the infatuation. He's so boy-like and ageless. You kinky chick you.

Anonymous said...

Soccermum: I have written in earlier posts about my odd attraction to "boy"-like men. Less kinky, more pathetic. How was "And Then She Found Me?"

Anonymous said...

"And Then She Found Me" is actually a really good flick. If you like Helen Hunt, Matthew B, Colin Firth and Bette Midler you are in for some good entertainment. Helen Hunt, despite looking ancient, portrays a really good role of your stade Jewish girl. Quite frankly I think a night on tequila and a good hard root would have been the answer to all her problems. Worth seeing.

Susan Bearman said...

I saw both "Sex" and the Helen Hunt movie in the last two weeks. Between those and Indie and IronMan, I've seen more flicks in the last few weeks on the big screen than in the last few years. "Sex" was fun, but I only became a mild fan during reruns, since I don't get HBO. I liked "And Then She Found Me" very much, and agree that Helen looked ancient and achingly skinny. I'm enjoying seeing these "older" actors with hits (especially Robert Downey, Jr. — way cuter than Matthew), but Harrison Ford was just plan old.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.