Monday, May 12, 2008

My Husband Not An Ass: Mother's Day Redux


Yes, ladies, the hubby pulled through. Mother's Day was a complete success. Hubby is exhausted but I am smiling from ear to freakin' ear.

The day started at 8:30am. I read, dozed, read, dozed until 10am when hubby returned from running errands. I played with the kids for a bit, all tickles and giggles, and dressed for my perfect day.

Two cups of green tea, one croissant, 5 pages, and a tuna salad later, I left the cafe table I occupied for 4 blissful, uninterrupted hours (!) and headed home. I was greeted by neighbors and friends, happy kids chasing each other around the yard, and my hubby preparing a barbecue feast. There was good wine, great food, and excellent company.

And the best part - that's right, ladies - no clean up! I did not lift a finger and it felt f#&*ing f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c.

Best day I've had in a long time.
Thanks again, hubby.
Back to the grind perfect life.

I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day as well.

6 Comments:

InTheFastLane said...

Yeah husband!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are funny!

S said...

Ahh. Sounds like an ideal Mother's Day to me.

Manic Mommy said...

At the end of the day, Andy asked me "I know it's Mother's Day but would you consider bathing RC tonight?"

My response: "You answered your own question."

Mother's Day is like a Get Out Jail Free card for guilt.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Yay for you! And Yay for hubby!

Dawn said...

Yay for your husband! And you! I'm so happy you had the day you wanted. It sounds too good to be true.

I am soooooo very jealous, but happy for you.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.