Saturday, May 10, 2008

Make My Day: Everyday is NOT Mother's Day


"So, here's what I want for Mother's Day," I tell my husband through the cell phone. "I want to sleep late, go somewhere and write for hours, possibly catch a movie by myself, and then meet you guys for dinner."

"Oh. Okay," the news took him by surprise but he rolled with it. "How about that beach side lobster place in Malibu?"

"I'm not standing in line to order and eating my dinner out of a greasy wax paper-lined basket! I don't care if it's a barbecue chicken off of our grill or filet mignon at Ruth's Chris. I want a nice dinner. It's Mother's Day!"

Silence on the other end of the phone.

"Every day is Mother's Day," he finally said.

He was laughing as I hung up the phone so I know he's not a total ass.

3 Comments:

InTheFastLane said...

So...did you get it?
I hope you at least got part of what you wanted.

Happy Mother's Day!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

That's awesome.
A short post that pretty much says it all.
I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Merlot Mom - I just added you to my blogroll. Everyone should be reading you!! XOXO, Toddie at WordHappy

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.