Friday, December 4, 2009

Talking Trash About merlotmom

Where the f*ck is merlotmom?

I have no idea.  That bitch has the nerve to call herself a blogger?  Sheesh.


I know!  WTF!  So, what d'ya think?  Should we trash her blog while she's away?

Nah!  Can't hate on her just 'cause she's a flake.  I hear she's been spending her free time working on a novel.


So what!  Like the rest of us don't have busy lives?  We work, we write, we care for our kids...who does she think she is?


I did hear she had lunch the other day with this blogger.  Wonder how she had time to do THAT and not THIS.


Now you're getting it...


Although, in her defense, I know her writing workshop is right near where this blogger lives.  She's gotta eat, no?


Why are you defending her?  She ditched us.   She's a bad blogger... a bad blogger.


Jeez, you sound like Rain Man.  Maybe, maybe, it's a generational thing.  You know, I hear she's turning 48 this weekend and when we were at BlogHer this summer she wasn't nearly as interested in texting and twittering as the rest of us.  


Right, I noticed that, she even teased us about it.   She told me they didn't even have computers when she was in college.  Can you imagine?   She said she spent years working as a secretary in NY typing on an IBM Selectric.


IBM Selectric?  What's that?


I don't know exactly.  I think it's one of those ancient typewriters, you know, the black ones with those little round keys on sticks.


Nooo!


Yes.


Wow! She's old.  


And getting older every minute.  Fine.  I'll give her a break.  When we get to be her age, we may have no attention span either.  Scary.


Yeah.  Let's not hate her.  Let's feel bad for her.

Okay.  Well, gotta go.  I've had thirty DMs just since we started talking.   Don't forget to send merlotmom a Happy Birthday tweet.


Will do.  

And all of YOU better, too.  She still deserves your good wishes even though she's old.  Maybe even moreso.   ;)











8 Comments:

ByJane said...

Here's old for you: The IBM Selectrics were state of the art when I was a secretary. They're gizmo is a ball with all the letters on it. I used those pre-Selectric Manual typewriters and I was just thinking--gosh, we must have had strong pinkie fingers, what with all the shifting we had to do with them.

Happy Birthday, Svweethart. You'll never be as old as I am!!!!

Florinda said...

Happy Birthday to you, and let's hear it for BWOF (Blogging While Over 40 - no, make that 45)!

I can't find my blog said...

Happy Day!!!

heather... said...

Happy birthday gorgeous!

Andrea's Sweet LifÈ said...

Happy Birthday!

You know, I miss my typewriter. It's how I learned to type, and I *still* hit my keyboard too hard!

Manic Mommy said...

Happy Birthday, Rain Man.

(got a schmancy electric typewriter for my birthday the year I started college)

momready said...

Love it! One of my favorite posts.

Anonymous said...

You're forgiven. I just crawled back onto the blogosphere myself. Have a great day!

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.