I am once again surprised by the lingering impact the BlogHer weekends have on me.
Last year, my first, I didn't know what to expect.
This year, I thought myself an "expert" and not vulnerable to being blindsided by the intensity.
But I am. The schedule, the crowds, the number of great women (and few men) with whom I wanted to meet and connect.
I am exhausted.
My head is spinning.
But I feel great.
I know there is a lot of negative buzz going on in Twitterland and elsewhere 2.0 about the weekend. But I am choosing to be grateful for the fun times I had, the amazing people I met, the fantastic city I explored. I'm letting the rest of it, the shit, settle to the bottom where it belongs.
So here is what I am grateful for today. I will write in more detail once my brain is fully functioning:
- I am grateful for getting to/from Chicago safely and on time.
- I am grateful for not getting stuck in rush hour traffic and overstuffed limos.
- I am grateful for going to so many parties and yet not being a party to high drama.
- I am grateful for the amazing, informative seminars, the ROTFLMAO Humor Panel in particular. (Please BlogHer ladies, get a bigger room next year, this subject deserves it.)
- I am grateful for protein and oatmeal at breakfast.
- I am grateful for a great roomie.
- I am grateful for making it to the Cheezburger party this year. (Where else would I don a McD's bag on my head and not look strange.)
- I am grateful for seeing and meeting so many of my blogger (now IRL) friends.
- And though, for me, BlogHer was NOT about the swag (I didn't go to parties for it and I didn't even visit the Expo until late Saturday afternoon), I am truly grateful for the Kodak pocket videocam. Sweeeeet.
- And, of course, I'm grateful for my husband who supremely held down the fort in my absence.
- And I am grateful for my kids. (Who I still think are cute. Ask me later today.)
Welcome home everyone.