Summer is here. What's not to be grateful for, right?
- I am grateful for successfully motivating myself to write. It has been empowering (so far).
- I am grateful for gorgeous green mountains against blue, non-polluted skies.
- I am grateful that my kids are relaxed and stress-free.
- I am grateful for watching them play and laugh in the pouring rain.
- I am grateful for Jamie Lee Curtis.
I've always loved Jamie Lee Curtis.
Not for her role in the Activia commercials, not for her movie roles, but for her contributions as a writer.
She has published some amazing children's books, written for Salon.com and is currently a contributor at HuffPost. For someone who grew up in Hollywood, with celebrity parents, Jamie Lee Curtis has a strong sense of right and wrong. Her feet are firmly planted into the ground. She is sensitive, attentive, and eager to share her parenting mistakes and insights with the rest of us. I always enjoy, and learn, from her pieces.
I came across her most recent essay today and thought it was a "must share". For those of us who didn't have the benefit of seeing what she did first hand, we can take her experience and find a way to make it our own.
Here is the link to her essay, Pay Attention, in today's Huffington Post (for which I am grateful).
What are you grateful for this week?