Friday, May 29, 2009

My Little Peanut

This is Peanut on any given day, trying to coax my her lazy sister, Greta, into playing:


This is Peanut today:

 
She's been throwing up for two days, she's lost four pounds, and she has ZERO interest in the ball.
There is something wrong with my Peanut.
$500 later, the x-rays show nothing foreign in her stomach, we're still waiting for the blood test results, and the vet says if she's not better by this afternoon she needs to be put in the hospital.
I can't think.  I can't work.  I'm worried about my Peanut.
I hope when I return from carpool, she barks at me and drops wet, disgusting balls at my feet.
Then I'll know my Peanut is back.
 
The quiet is killing me.
(Remind me of that next time I complain about her boundless energy, k?)


* Update.  It's 5pm. She's baaaack! When we returned home from carpool, Peanut dropped her tennis ball in my daughter's lap and barked.  And barked.  She made it on a walk around the block and is now roaming the backyard.  No evidence of sickness anywhere.   I'm crossing my fingers.  Thank you everyone for your concern.  So appreciated.  Here's my baby now.


 

10 Comments:

Marinka said...

Poor Peanut! Poor you! I hope that she's back to her bouncy self soon!

Manic Mommy said...

Your poor baby! Is she giving you the sad eyes? They kill me.

Remind me to tell you about the time Maddie ate her stitches after we had her fixed.

shrink on the couch said...

Oh sweet relief. Hopefully Peanut is still rallying. What could it have been, do the vets think? some kind of doggie flu?

anymommy said...

SO glad that peanut is okay. I was going to suggest a test for - I think it's called erlichda??, it's a virus they get from ticks. My mom's dog got it and was abysmally lethargic for weeks.

JCK said...

SO glad your Peanut is OK!! That sounds really scary. She is a cutie.

ByJane said...

I've sat by the hospital bedside of very sick kids and I've done the same with Molly. Sitting by the sick dog is worse. They don't know what's going on, they don't know why you're leaving them, they scared and feel like shit and all you can do is sit on the floor and pet them. It helps but, man, when it's time to leave for the day....

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

So glad that Peanut is better - there is nothing more heartbreaking than when they are not feeling well.

Christy said...

Oh, I'm glad that she seemed better--I hope she's on the mend! :)

agirlnamedmel said...

this happened to my boss's lab this week. it ended up being Iams dog treats (so the vet suspects) and Iams is ontop of testing these said treats for samonella. Luckily my dog is a food snob and will only eat super expensive food /treats...
glad she's feeling better

AMOmTwoboys said...

Is she trying to SUFFOCATE my Greta?!

I'm glad she's well again, but you better tell her to back off my girl.

:0)

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.