Friday, April 17, 2009

Maddie Spohr: Once A Heartbreaker, Always A Heartbreaker

I got my March for Maddie t-shirt in the mail today.
Now don't all get your panties in a bunch because you didn't even order yours yet...this is  NOT THE NEW ONE.
It's the first design.
I was such a quick trigger to buy the first one that now I'll be the lucky owner of two Maddie t-shirts.

As my son and his friend, two boys with a surplus of snark and sass,  played nearby, I checked out the purple tee.   I was wondering when I would wear it since most people will be Marching for Maddie in the other design and I've ordered that one, too.  My thoughts didn't even get as far as "I guess I'll sleep in it"  when my son passed by and asked, "Can I have it?"

"Sure," I answered, a bit puzzled.

He promptly took off his sports jersey and covered his chest with Maddie's radiant smile.

Running out the door he said to his friend, "This is the little girl I was telling you about."

"Wow, she was cute," his friend said.


My heart laughed and cried a little at the same time.



Can you feel the attitude from that face?  Yup, that's my boy.

3 Comments:

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

Awwww. He wears it well.

SusieO said...

The beauty in this picture almost hurts my eyes. Between his purposeful attitude and Maddie's face... perfect fit.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

That is just plain awesome!

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.