Monday, April 13, 2009

Give Me The Grateful Life - Monday

 
After a week like this one, it's difficult, but all the more important to find a way to appreciate what we have in our lives.

Heather and Mike Spohr lost their beautiful girl, Maddie,  this week.  One look at her eyes and that smile and you could tell she was special.  Despite Maddie's short time here, and through the power of the internet, she lit up many lives, including my own.  It is evident in the plethora of photos out there how Heather and Mike packed every moment of the time they shared with Maddie with love and gratitude.  For that, I can be grateful in the midst of such a tragedy.

  1. I am grateful that my friends, Heather and Mike, got to have 17 beautiful months with their daughter, Maddie.
  2. I am grateful for the, I think, unprecedented outpouring of love and support from the internet community to help the Spohrs during this challenging time.
  3. I am grateful for the opportunity to STOP and take time to appreciate my own family and friends.
  4. I am grateful that I live in the same city, can attend the funeral, walk the MoD walk, and wear purple to show my love for Maddie and her family.
  5. I am grateful I became a blogger.

What are you grateful for this week?


10 Comments:

shrink on the couch said...

I'm grateful for reminders of how precious life is. I'm so sorry for little Maddie. What beautiful, soulful eyes she has.

I can't find my blog said...

I, too, am grateful to be a part of the blogosphere this week. And proud that bloggers can make a difference.

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

Beautiful sentiment - and gorgeous photo of Maddie, it's not one I had seen before.

I'm grateful that, in the midst of so much negativity in the world today, my faith in humanity has been restored by the amazing support people have shown to Heather and Mike.

I'm grateful for my precious family, my friends, my every breath. I'm grateful that Maddie taught me to laugh even when things are tough.

April said...

Your list sums it up for me quite well, except that I will be unable to attend the funeral.

Lisa @ Let's Talk Babies said...

Very well put.

I too am grateful to call myself a member of the blogging community this week.

I am grateful for my beautiful little girl and the reminder to keep her close.

Maura said...

Lisa summed up my #1 this week: I too am grateful to call myself a member of the blogging community this week.

Manic Mommy said...

I am grateful beyond words for the health of my family.

I am grateful to take a step back and pay attention to what really matters.

Good luck tomorrow. You are taking so many of our community with you.

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

I am grateful for life - It is a gift one that must be cherished and appreciated daily - We have one chance here and we all need to make it count!!

Twenty Four At Heart said...

It's been a heart breaking week in the blogosphere. I'm grateful I still have all three of my children. I can't imagine ever having to deal with a loss like that.

anymommy said...

I think you said it all. I am grateful to be a part of this community this week, despite the pain.

Send up some thoughts for me at the service tomorrow. I wish I could be there.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.