Heather and Mike Spohr lost their beautiful girl, Maddie, this week. One look at her eyes and that smile and you could tell she was special. Despite Maddie's short time here, and through the power of the internet, she lit up many lives, including my own. It is evident in the plethora of photos out there how Heather and Mike packed every moment of the time they shared with Maddie with love and gratitude. For that, I can be grateful in the midst of such a tragedy.
- I am grateful that my friends, Heather and Mike, got to have 17 beautiful months with their daughter, Maddie.
- I am grateful for the, I think, unprecedented outpouring of love and support from the internet community to help the Spohrs during this challenging time.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to STOP and take time to appreciate my own family and friends.
- I am grateful that I live in the same city, can attend the funeral, walk the MoD walk, and wear purple to show my love for Maddie and her family.
- I am grateful I became a blogger.
What are you grateful for this week?