Monday, February 9, 2009

Give Me The Grateful Life - Monday


Hello blogger sisters (and brother(s)). It is Monday. A rainy Monday here in S. Cal. I hope you all had a nice weekend.

I went into a bit of a spontaneous cleaning frenzy - ripping apart my fridge, pantry, and bathroom drawers. I even arranged fresh flowers around the house. I take pleasure in looking at the fruits of my labor, even if no one else around here noticed!

Damn, why don't they notice?!

Anyway, to the gratitude...

  1. I am grateful for living in such a close community. Our small town lost three people in three separate accidental deaths this past week (2 fathers and a teenage son). My heart aches for all the loved ones left behind but it makes me feel good knowing they've got a support system to help them through.
  2. I am grateful for my family even if they don't notice the clean fridge or organized drawers. (see #1).
  3. I am grateful for my new writing workshop which simultaneously elates me and scares the shit out of me.
  4. I am grateful for Facebook reuniting me with old friends and allowing me to see my high school years from a different, less tortured, perspective.
  5. I am grateful for being able to get up early every morning to exercise. It has made a world of difference in so many ways.

What are you grateful for today?

7 Comments:

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

I am grateful for Amoxicillin and 24/7 nurse hotlines!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for how you just framed the Facebook experience. I think I'll borrow that one, and the early morning workouts too. I'm thankful my body, and my alarm clock both work.

I can't find my blog said...

Also grateful for the rain, and that I live high enough on the mountain that we might even get a little snow this week. Makes a mountain girl's heart very happy!

Manic Mommy said...

I am grateful that the weather has taken a turn for the better and some of this filthy black snow that's littered our landscape for the past two months is beginning to melt.

Mark said...

To be grateful is to open the doors of the Universe! I am grateful I found your blog and I am grateful for all of the love in the world! I am grateful for the blessed life I lead.

shrink on the couch said...

I am grateful for the little bit of rain we got, even if my tennis match had to be rescheduled. I am grateful for new friends in the making.

shrink on the couch said...

Oh, and can you please send me a dose of this? In pleasant-smelling-spray form, please : )

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.