Hello blogger sisters (and brother(s)). It is Monday. A rainy Monday here in S. Cal. I hope you all had a nice weekend.
I went into a bit of a spontaneous cleaning frenzy - ripping apart my fridge, pantry, and bathroom drawers. I even arranged fresh flowers around the house. I take pleasure in looking at the fruits of my labor, even if no one else around here noticed!
Damn, why don't they notice?!
Anyway, to the gratitude...
- I am grateful for living in such a close community. Our small town lost three people in three separate accidental deaths this past week (2 fathers and a teenage son). My heart aches for all the loved ones left behind but it makes me feel good knowing they've got a support system to help them through.
- I am grateful for my family even if they don't notice the clean fridge or organized drawers. (see #1).
- I am grateful for my new writing workshop which simultaneously elates me and scares the shit out of me.
- I am grateful for Facebook reuniting me with old friends and allowing me to see my high school years from a different, less tortured, perspective.
- I am grateful for being able to get up early every morning to exercise. It has made a world of difference in so many ways.
What are you grateful for today?