Monday, February 2, 2009

Give Me The Grateful Life - Monday


Here we are again, Monday.

Feeling the tedium today. I'm fuzzy, unmotivated, meandering on this road we call life.

But I have a lot of shit to accomplish so I better get with it! Hopefully this will help keep me moving forward.

  1. I am grateful for spending quality time with good friends this weekend.
  2. I am grateful for the laughter we shared which left me breathless way beyond my comfort zone.
  3. I am grateful for having writer friends who share their Academy screeners.
  4. I am grateful for not feeling like Kate Winslet's character did in Revolutionary Road.
  5. I am grateful for remembering my adolescence like it was yesterday; it helps me feel compassion when my teenage daughter has her mood swings. (I knew the misery would come in handy one day!)

What are you grateful for today?

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful that even though I have a cold, it's not the flu. Definitely not the flu.

I'm grateful that even though my kids have had colds, and the three-year old is getting snot on EVERYTHING, it's not the flu. Definitely not the flu.

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

I am grateful that my mom sent Sunday night dinner leftovers home with me. I am cold and starving and these meatballs make me happy.

shrink on the couch said...

I too am grateful for a weekend with friends. Brand new friends on Friday night; Very old friends on Saturday night. And not terribly hungover either morning : ))))

Anonymous said...

c2plus - i'm glad it's not the flu. i mean, thank g-d it's not the flu.

domestic goddess - thanks for making me hungry for meatballs when i don't feel like cooking. jealous.

I can't find my blog said...

Grateful for a fun Super Bowl party-one day off of my diet and I waaaay over did. But I indulged in my favorites and so I'm grateful for yummy food!

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for breathing...in..out...in...out... yep, it's all good. :)

Connie

the mama bird diaries said...

I am grateful that I survived my Boca vacation with my husband's 354 relatives.

JCK said...

I'm grateful that I am in bed with a gorgeous...laptop. Dry from this amazing rainstorm we are experiencing outside.

I am grateful to have friends like you leave lovely comments.

Revolutionary Road was amazing. I did a blog post on it.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.