Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day: Love Works In Mysterious Ways

My hubby did such a nice job this Mother's Day as written in this post, that I thought I'd do the same for him on his special

So to make him feel like an extra special Dad...

I chose today to catch a nasty cold,
I chose today to sleep while he made everyone breakfast,
I chose today to sleep while he fed and walked the dog,
I chose today to sleep while he drove our daughter to her dance recital,
I chose today to sleep while he dealt with our whiny son.

See how that works? I let Dad be an excellent Dad on Father's Day. That's just the kind of loving wife I am.

Sorry, Hubby. Better luck next year.
Happy Father's Day to all.

***Merlotmom has been published! (By someone other than herself.) That's right, I'm a somebody now. Please, please, sit down. No more applause. No, really. Please. Oh, you're so kind. Okay, seriously, please check out this page in today's Opinion section of the Sacramento Bee and please comment. I love company, NICE, POLITE, company.

Woo hoo! That and $4.75 will buy me a gallon of gas...oh wait...that was last week.

9 Comments:

S said...

hey! congratulations!

ByJane said...

Now that makes two of us! As part of my office cleanout today, I just filed mine, which was on Sunday, April 13. We are such stars!!!

mac said...

Fantastic!! Today, the Sacramento Bee; tomorrow, The New York Times! Congratulations.

Manic Mommy said...

Of course they'd publish such a heartfelt, touching story.

Congratulations! And I hope you're feeling better. Very clever, letting the huz be a good dad.

InTheFastLane said...

I love you Father's Day Plan! Mine was to actually not complain about the Mr. golfing again, and then they got caught in a lightening storm before they even began and had to come home to put up with bickering kids.

cpckqueen said...

Well done. The press and the father's day...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being published!
And on picking such a great father for your children.

Susan Bearman said...

Oh, yay for you being published. I'm so [jealous] happy for you. Did you submit it, or was it just picked out of thin, cyberspace air?

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Congratulations! Now I sit and wait for the Sac Bee to discover me!

ZZZZzzzzzzzz.......

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.