Friday, April 4, 2008

CALLING ALL GIRLS: A LITTLE RETAIL THERAPY


I just don't get out that much. Sure, I carpool, run errands, but by getting out, I mean doing things for ME.

Yesterday was difficult: my son whined from the minute I picked him up from school until the minute he went to bed and, in the middle of his whine-fest, I had a fender-bender on the freeway which didn't hurt anyone but cost me thousands of dollars in damage and made me late picking up my daughter from school. I tried slow breathing, a hot bath, exercise, wine but I awoke today with the same short fuse.

It was while running an errand this morning that I came upon OLD NAVY and felt my anxiety calm. Walking in I saw rows upon rows of brightly colored cottons and vibrant patterns beckoning me with promises of summer cuteness. I answered the call and within minutes was in the dressing room. I am not a shopper. I am too impatient. But today was quick, efficient, and easy on my wallet. Who needs a shrink when one's got retail??

They just put out all NEW inventory yesterday and it looks that way. If any of you are in need of a reasonably priced pick-me-up this Friday afternoon, I highly recommend a trip to OLD NAVY (and DON'T take the kids).

It certainly brightened my day. Now I can smile even when dealing with my car insurance company.

(A new post is coming very soon.)

4 Comments:

Midlife Gals said...

Dang, I wish I'd found byJane and your site a lot sooner. I spend so much time blogging that I miss reading great blogs like yours.


Allow US to be one of the "blogs YOU like to read." We are The Midlife Gals and we found you on byJane's blogroll.

Check us out and don't forget to watch a few of our nutty videos which can all be accessed from the right side of our blog

The Midlife Gals
http://midlifegals.blogspot.com

enjoy, and we love your site!

KK and SalGal

Lynn said...

Waaaahhhh. We don't have an old navy nearby : (
I surely could have used a day of brightly colored shopping today. Maybe I can find something at dinky little mall tomorrow....

Jan said...

I'm jealous because you can fit into clothes from Old Navy...

Well, maybe a trip to the Liz Claiborne Woman outlet store is in order - I need some kind of therapy!

msmeta said...

Oh, I LOVE Old Navy. Cheap thrills. And they have killer sales.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.