Friday, April 4, 2008

CALLING ALL GIRLS: A LITTLE RETAIL THERAPY


I just don't get out that much. Sure, I carpool, run errands, but by getting out, I mean doing things for ME.

Yesterday was difficult: my son whined from the minute I picked him up from school until the minute he went to bed and, in the middle of his whine-fest, I had a fender-bender on the freeway which didn't hurt anyone but cost me thousands of dollars in damage and made me late picking up my daughter from school. I tried slow breathing, a hot bath, exercise, wine but I awoke today with the same short fuse.

It was while running an errand this morning that I came upon OLD NAVY and felt my anxiety calm. Walking in I saw rows upon rows of brightly colored cottons and vibrant patterns beckoning me with promises of summer cuteness. I answered the call and within minutes was in the dressing room. I am not a shopper. I am too impatient. But today was quick, efficient, and easy on my wallet. Who needs a shrink when one's got retail??

They just put out all NEW inventory yesterday and it looks that way. If any of you are in need of a reasonably priced pick-me-up this Friday afternoon, I highly recommend a trip to OLD NAVY (and DON'T take the kids).

It certainly brightened my day. Now I can smile even when dealing with my car insurance company.

(A new post is coming very soon.)

3 Comments:

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

Waaaahhhh. We don't have an old navy nearby : (
I surely could have used a day of brightly colored shopping today. Maybe I can find something at dinky little mall tomorrow....

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous because you can fit into clothes from Old Navy...

Well, maybe a trip to the Liz Claiborne Woman outlet store is in order - I need some kind of therapy!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE Old Navy. Cheap thrills. And they have killer sales.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.