Sunday, March 16, 2008

A PARADOX INDEED

It has been brought to my attention by a new blog friend, Andi, that a piece I posted in my blog two Fridays ago and credited to George Carlin was not actually written by the comedian. I checked it out and, in fact, or, at least I think in fact, it wasn't! Here is the link to the origins of the essay entitled, "The Paradox of Our Time".

It is very interesting in the days of never-ending Elliot Spitzer discussion and analysis that this keenly written, observational, and inspirational essay was written by a pastor who was later accused and found guilty of multiple sexual abuse offenses. A year later he was relieved of his duties.

Life/Man truly is a paradox.

Note to self/Lesson of the day: Do some fact-checking next time you steal borrow showcase other people's great works on your blog.

Thank you, new blog friend.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the late comment on this.

I pretty much check out that snopes.com site after I receive any of those forwarded e-mails. Many of them are total scams. I'm not sure what the point is of making that stuff up in e-mails. So, so silly. Thanks for the correction. :)

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.