Friday, January 11, 2008

A MOTHER'S HELPER TAKES MANY FORMS

This first week ON after three weeks OFF has been a blessing and a curse. It was nice to have a respite from the homework, carpools, and other general drudgery. Nevertheless, I looked forward to getting back to my routine: kids off to school, writing, walks with my dog. My family entered the week calm, still groggy with pleasure. But mid-week arrived and, like cold water to the face, we all awoke to the realization that vacation was over. Hectic, burdened schedules were back. The week that came in like a lamb, went out like a lion.

I know I'm not alone in thinking TGIF! So, though I consider myself more spiritual than religious, I forward to you something sent to me today by a friend. I thought it might ease everyone's re-entry. Look at the picture and make a wish before reading the prayer (if you're game).




Saint Theresa's Prayer


May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.


This is meant to be shared with 17 people, myself included in your list. If you choose to share, just email this post to others. If not, take from it this...

Be present. Enjoy. Monday is just around the corner.
Go forth and have a great weekend.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved this. I am game for reading anything that makes me stop to smell the roses or awakens consciousness on being grateful for all that I do have.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.