Friday, January 4, 2008

BLEARY-EYED BLOGGER

While driving home from our ski vacation, I came up with what I thought was a great way to solve my maternal ennui – start a blog! It would ease me into writing other projects I’d been contemplating for, oh about, a decade. Maybe I could make some pocket change, as well. (Writer’s strike is still going and momma needs a new pair of shoes!) Little did I know, thank G-d I didn’t know, that I was stepping into a Brand New World riddled with unfamiliar computer jargon like HTML’s, RSS feeds, analytics, Adsense, tags, badges, etc. There are even blog award competitions! If this wasn’t intimidating enough there’s an intimate community of bloggers out there who lovingly support each other’s work and refer readers to their friend’s blogs. I’m outside knocking. I'm the new kid in Junior High.

Since I'm majorly Type-A, I should've known that this little idea would have me at my computer all day, everyday. I can’t tell you what my kids have eaten, I can’t even tell you where they are! Seriously. I don’t know if my dog has been fed or walked. My house is an unfettered heap of laundry, toys, and cracker boxes. I can tell my husband, who wholeheartedly supported this idea, is re-evaluating. I'm certain blood clots are developing in my legs but I can't move. I promise myself I'll read just one more blog, research one more website, and hours later, I'm still alone at my computer. So I hope you’ll accept this for my post of the day because it’s all I got. I’m going to pour a glass of wine, hide under the covers and hope that I awake with a clear head and some comments from old friends and new. Yes, that's a shameless plea for feedback. Please don't make me go through peer rejection all over again!

2 Comments:

Ms. Skywalker said...

This is addictive, isn't it?

But it's just so freaking awesome here in blogland.

Anonymous said...

Fran,
STep away from the computer, your writing is great but you are highly addicted
good luck

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.