Monday, May 11, 2009

Give Me The Grateful Life - Monday

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.  I hope you had a restful day.  I spent much of mine in a car on the 405 Fwy in search of discounted outdoor furniture advertised on Craig's List.  But we found some pretty nice pieces so I'm cool with it.

I am grateful for a few things today...

I am grateful for spending a quiet weekend with both my husband and my kids because it's been a while.
I am grateful that my husband will NOT be traveling for at least another two weeks.
I am grateful for my daughter who, in my opinion, and in the opinion of others, is growing up to be a really lovely girl.
I am grateful that my kids are both healthy and in school and my days are my own again.
I am grateful for the Mother's Day card my (almost) 9 year old son gave me.  It will definitely go in the memory box.  (See below):

 

What are you grateful for this week????

6 Comments:

Vixen said...

Greatest card ever.

shrink on the couch said...

I am grateful for good friends and neighbors and to you for posting this hilarious card!

Magpie said...

Lordy. That card is something else.

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

LAWDSY MERCY, is that Rosie O'Donnell?

I'm grateful my littlest slept through the night TWO nights in a row! Yee-haw!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

That card is hilarious!

I'm grateful for my husband, who is lovely and supportive and loves me despite my many flaws :-)

I'm grateful for my two lovely daughters, who are adorable and fun.

I'm grateful for having had the chance to live in NY for the past 2 1/2 years.

I'm grateful my husband still has a job, despite the current economic climate.

I'm grateful I found blogging a little over a year ago and was able to enter a lovely community and meet many new friends.

Belated Happy Mother's Day!

Life As I Know It said...

My husband just came home with that card...same picture on the front only it's a graduation card. for my niece.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.