Hello readers, Happy Monday to you.
I'm pretty wrecked from the day and have to get up way early tomorrow so I'm going to get right down to the gratitude business.
- I am grateful for SCHOOL. That's right, today was my son's first day back after a three week vacation. Hallelujah. I do believe there is someone up there looking out for me after all.
- I am grateful that the kennel cough my dog caught when we boarded her this vacation (first time ever boarding any of our dogs!), seems to be mild and slightly improving. And that she learned early on to hack it up outside.
- I am grateful for having time to read my cookbooks this weekend and plan some actual homemade meals for a change.
- I am grateful that my hubby is coming home from yet another business trip tomorrow - now HE can get up at 6am to walk the dogs.
- I am grateful for the gorgeous weather Southern Cal is having and that I can, at least for a few days, feel the breeze while I sleep.
**Oh, and also, before you go, I know this is not P.C. for a gratitude post, but I need HELP. Can someone please give me advice on how to instill manners in my way-too-cool-for-school son. I am seriously embarrassed when we run into people we know and he refuses to say a proper hello (or goodbye). Short of smacking the snarky little sucker, WHAT DO I DO? Nothing I've tried to this point has worked.
Edit: Thank you for your suggestions. I combined some with ideas of my own and things have definitely improved. And just so you know, I was kidding about the smacking. Merlotmom can be a bit snarky herself.