Monday, September 8, 2008

Give Me The Grateful Life - Monday





Yes, I'm back, so Give Me The Grateful Life -  Monday is back, too.  Aren't you, ummm, grateful???  Here goes...

  • After an amazing trip abroad, I am grateful to be  living in the good ol' US of A (and optimistic that great political changes are coming).
  • Today, I am particularly grateful for friends.

This weekend, a friend of mine lost his closest childhood buddy and business partner in a motorcycle accident.  His reply to my note was, "I feel as if my heart has been ripped out."

A day later, one of my dearest friends collapsed and was taken by ambulance to the hospital .

The events of this weekend have made me realize how suddenly and without warning someone, anyone, can be taken from us.

The good from the bad???  I'm going to put my friends higher on my "to do" list.

What are you grateful for?


*Japan series starting later today.  Look for it!
** photo courtesy of Google Images

10 Comments:

ByJane said...

I'm grateful that I own my house and I own my car, so I can hunker down and withstand these scary economic times.
I'm grateful for the internet and all of the friends I've made therein.
I'm grateful that my dog is not an Alpha mutt, so she's pretty much on good behavior everywhere.

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for my awesome husband, who is pretty much the best ever (for ME, anyway - don't anybody go getting any ideas), and for the little life we have. All the annoying crap that tries to creep up on us is just that: crap. I'm working hard to get over it, already.

Connie said...

I'm grateful that 50 is the new 30 because I am feel pretty old this week. I'm going to be 38 on Thursday.

I'm grateful to live in a country where people can decide who they want the leader to be.

I'm grateful that I am not the kind of person that feels the need to violently protest and disrupt when I don't agree with something.

I am grateful that I am smart enough to gather data and make an informed decision.

I am grateful that I am a woman!

Anonymous said...

I am grateful that all four of my children are healthy.

I am grateful that my four-year-old told us today that he's happy. Why? "Just because."

I am grateful that I have an education and opportunities and options.

I am grateful that my mother-in-law is a hair dresser and gives me great highlights...for free.

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

I am grateful that I grilled pork chops for dinner and they actually were quite tasty. (you have to understand, I loathe cooking.)

Magpie said...

I am grateful that my husband is back at work after a month off. A month off by choice, but a month off with no pay. And it's a new job which hopefully will be better than the last one which made him miserable.

Anonymous said...

I grateful you're back, safe and sound!

I'm grateful for my new iPod and my new doctor, who seems like she knows her stuff.

I'm grateful for the hormones she's prescribed me. So's Beloved.

I can't find my blog said...

I'm grateful that my children and husband are healthy.

(I know a family that took their daughter home from the hospital yesterday, after 173 days, to die. I'm sorry for the buzz kill but this thought has dominated my afternoon.)

Pseudo said...

I'm grateful that my sister got to come and stay for a week. I'm grateful that we are both still kciking as we are both breast cancer survivors. I'm grateful for loving and supportive friends and family.

Anonymous said...

Okay, well. That's sad. Is your friend okay?

And I'm grateful that we get to hang out on Wednesday. We DO get to hang out on Wednesday, right?

RIGHT?

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.