Thursday, June 12, 2008

Staying Healthy Is Making Me Sick

I've said before, I'm petite.

Friends of my 11 year old daughter stand next to me to make themselves feel grown up - that kind of petite.

And I'm healthy. Barring my parents' generous gifts of high cholesterol and low thyroid, I'm doing ok for a gal in her mid-40's.

I exercise (though my husband would diagree with me), I eat well (wine and dark chocolate are soooo good for you), so why is it that I'm choking these down each and every day?



Can you say GAG REFLEX!!!! INDIGESTION!!!!! HURRRRLLLLL!!!!!!

Because these pills packed with fountains of youth are going to keep me from biting everyone's head off during menopause, from becoming a hunchback post-menopause, from shriveling up like an over-ripe nectarine, and from growing a big, fat front tire where my tight, flat abs used to be.

At least that's what I'm told!

Sure, I might be pretty and I might live longer but what's the point if I never get out of the bathroom?

7 Comments:

Your Pal Pinki said...

I spun the bottle and your blog came up! Check out my blog for the details!

Tammi

InTheFastLane said...

Are you my mother?
Seriously...I revolted after years of stuffing the vitamins in. I seem to be pretty healthy, at least for now.

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

I think I would rather be ugly and out of the bathroom, than swallow all of those pills. And happy....wine and choclate sound just lovely. I don't think I have ever had the 2 of them together. I may have to try it.....

Anonymous said...

In the Fast Lane: I think the vitamins are killing me... Seriously, the supplements worked so well to lower my cholesterol that I'm game, but ugh, just looking at the pictures make me wanna barf.

Lynn - you've never had red wine with chocolate??? you haven't lived. really.

Anonymous said...

Seeing all those pills makes me want to hurl! Ugh! I hate taking pills and always have. I buy vitamins and then don't take them because ... um, GAG!!
I guess that means I might die soon from vitamin deficiency?

ByJane said...

i want this for midlifebloggers. pretty pretty please...

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Honestly? Like all in one sitting - er - standing? Doesn't that eat into your gasoline budget?

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.