Friday, February 29, 2008

SPELLING ERRORS, MUFFIN TOPS, AND NEGLIGEES; THANK G-D, IT'S FRIDAY!!!


Okay, now that I've got your attention, first things first... I can't believe how many typos there were in yesterday's post! Please forgive me, I'll blame it on my cold, the jet lag, and oh yeah, the 3 hour time difference, yeah, that works. I am so embarrassed because those of you who know me, know that the one thing I do feel okay bragging about, is my ace spelling ability. (MAC - I know you're LOL right now!)

So, today is Friday! But this is no ordinary Friday: lunch with the FIL and family which took up my ENTIRE afternoon, a yelling match, albeit brief, with my own parents over how to discipline my son, and a big frizzy, head of un-tameable (looked up spelling!) curls because, though it's freezing in Florida, it's still so damn humid, and the revelation that these 5-10 extra pounds I've been carrying are here to stay (thanks peri-menopause) and squeezing my usually petite frame into my clothes is now not only fugly, but bordering on the obscene! Good-bye forever low-waisted jeans! I'll get my muffin tops from the bakery, thank you!

But since it's Friday, Fun Friday, I'll send your way a humorous email sent to me by my friend, Susan. It gave my husband and I a chuckle, perhaps it will you as well.


THE NEGLIGEE:

A husband walks into Victoria's Secret to purchase a sheer negligee for his wife. He is shown several possibilities that range from $250 to $500 in price, the more sheer, the higher the price. Naturally, he opts for the most sheer item, pays the $500, and takes it home.

He presents it to his wife and asks her to go upstairs, put it on, and model it for him. Upstairs, the wife thinks, "I have an idea. It's so sheer that it might as well be nothing. I won't put it on, but I'll do the modeling naked, return it tomorrow, and keep the $500 refund for myself."

So she appears naked on the balcony and strikes a pose.

The husband says, "Good Grief! You'd think for $500, they'd at least iron it!"

He never heard the shot.

Funeral on Thursday at Noon.

Closed coffin.


Have a great weekend.



1 Comment:

cpckqueen said...

I am SOMEBODY...I MADE MENTION IN A BLOG!!! Hooray for me!!!!!

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.