Tuesday, February 5, 2008

DON'T HATE ME CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL

i've been held captive since friday
first by my computer
then by my son

my computer is well...i say cautiously
my son is not...well enough to go to school but well enough to think me his slave and drive me crazy

i beg my husband for a break
a small walk in the fresh air to blow out the mental dust

a few steps with my dog and I feel a change
a lighter sense
an energy flow
and I see this

and I realize
life is good


life is beautiful

and later
at the dermatologist's office
while waiting for the injections
that calm the inflamed mounds
that make me look like a teenager
and not in a good way
i look out and see this

and all is right with the world

at least for a little while

2 Comments:

Manic Mommy said...

I see rain, cold, and a pond in the front of my house where my walk should be.

I'm drowning in that puddle. What a rut.

- Happy.

InTheFastLane said...

How lucky you are to have that view and to be able to appreciate it, despite the rest of your days.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.