Monday, November 10, 2008

Give Me The Grateful Life - Monday


Wait, I'm not even sure I know how to do this anymore...
Hold on...click on the photo icon, search desktop, add image...
Hey, I think I've got it, I think I remember how to post!

Hello bloggers, I am back.  At least for today, I make no promises I might otherwise break.
I wanted to stop in and share a little WHOLE LOT of gratitude this beautiful, post-election Monday.  I hope you'll join me.
  1.   I am grateful for the ability of the American people to recognize a hero when they see one.
  2.   I am grateful to be a citizen of what can once again become the powerful and respected nation it has been in the past.
  3.   I am grateful for my writing class where I have, so far, written four pieces of which I am proud.
  4.   I am grateful for the hours (and hours) I have set aside to follow my dream, even though much else has fallen to shit.
  5.   I am grateful to my kids for making me laugh.
  6.   I am grateful to my husband for putting up with me.
  7.   I am grateful to the bloggers who let me get away with starting a contest and never finishing it.  SO SORRY!
Oh, who am I kidding trying to stay calm?  I am SHOUTING FROM THE ROOFTOPS grateful that we BARACK-ED the vote!  From all I've read and all I've heard (you must see last night's 60 MINUTES interview of  his campaign staff), if anyone can take us to the promised land from this shit heap we're currently mired in, it's this man.  GO OBAMA!

10 Comments:

Florinda said...

I'm grateful that so many citizens of this country participated in the process last week, and were able to see past some of the hate- and fear-mongering. (Except as regards Prop 8, but let's not dwell on the fly in the ointment right now.)

I'm grateful we've gotten so many of the boxes unpacked and that the new house is starting to look and feel like home already.

I'm grateful the dog hasn't "christened" the carpet in the new place yet :-)

Anonymous said...

I missed the 60 Minutes interview, I'll have to google it. I'm just in love, love, love with the upcoming presidency.

*sigh* I never thought I'd say that in my lifetime!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see you again! I'm envious of your writing class and hours spent "following your dream". You inspire me.

I'm grateful and excited for what the future holds for our country. It's really going to be something... something great.

ThursdayNext said...

Beautiful Post - I am grateful that a man who is interracial is president, for my children will be interracial one day and I am so thankful that they will have him as a role model.

Manic Mommy said...

I am grateful my boy is adjusting so well to his new/old school.

I am grateful we are able to provide them with a consistent kid-centric, and loving childhood.

I am grateful for mommy brunch with my friends today.

I am grateful I survived step aerobics today.

I am grateful my injured warrior kitty is healing quickly and harping to get out of this crazy house.

Mariah said...

I didn't see the interview. I'll look it up! I'm grateful for my kids and the medicine that saved them when they were premature

MarĂ­a said...

I'm grateful that you're back!

I can't find my blog said...

Damn. Immoral Matriarch took mine.

Vodka Mom said...

I'm shouting with you. Can you hear me?????

shrink on the couch said...

I can only feel more grateful in 66 days.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.