Monday, June 22, 2009

Give Me The Grateful Life - Monday


Summer is here.  What's not to be grateful for, right?
  • I am grateful for successfully motivating myself to write. It has been empowering (so far).
  • I am grateful for gorgeous green mountains against blue, non-polluted skies.
  • I am grateful that my kids are relaxed and stress-free.
  • I am grateful for watching them play and laugh in the pouring rain.
  • I am grateful for Jamie Lee Curtis.
That last one is curious, I know.  But hear me out.
I've always loved Jamie Lee Curtis.
Not for her role in the Activia commercials, not for her movie roles, but for her contributions as a writer.

She has published some amazing children's books, written for Salon.com and is currently a contributor at HuffPost. For someone who grew up in Hollywood, with celebrity parents, Jamie Lee Curtis has a strong sense of right and wrong. Her feet are firmly planted into the ground. She is sensitive, attentive, and eager to share her parenting mistakes and insights with the rest of us.  I always enjoy, and learn, from her pieces.

I came across her most recent essay today and thought it was a "must share".   For those of us who didn't have the benefit of seeing what she did first hand, we can take her experience and find a way to make it our own.

Here is the link to her essay, Pay Attention,  in today's Huffington Post (for which I am grateful).

What are you grateful for this week?

3 Comments:

Sarah Auerswald said...

So much to be grateful for! It's summer vaycay, my kids are so healthy and adorable, I cleaned my house and now it's sparkling clean, I am done being PTA President for the year, the internet exists and I am currently accessing it on my laptop, and the list goes on. Thanks for asking!

shrink on the couch said...

I'm definately with you on the blue skies and unstressed kids. Ahhhhhhhh : ) Unless you count having a mom who rants about rooms cleaned and wake up times.

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

I LOVE Jamie Lee Curtis - and the kids and I BOTH love her books!

The piece she wrote was wonderful. Thank you so much for linking to it.

Right now, I am grateful for my baby girl being able to eat REAL! FOODS! thanks to her new allergy treatments.

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.