Monday, May 4, 2009

Give Me The Grateful Life - Monday

 
After a hectic few weeks where my life went a bit off-kilter with hubby's surgery, a lingering flu, and my child's failing grades, etc, I am glad to say that my daily routine is back in full swing.  To think, I had been lamenting that routine!  The old adage is definitely true, you don't realize how much you appreciate something until that something is gone.

Heretofore my grateful post:

  • I am grateful my hubby has only a week or two left in his brace (I need his strong arms and I need my squishy pillow back!)
  • I am grateful for a fun weekend with my family in Utah where we celebrated my dad's 75th birthday.
  • I am grateful my husband will stop traveling so much after next week - his absence has made me appreciate him more  and I would like to have him around for a while. (But maybe not too long or the appreciation thing might backfire).   ;)
  • I am grateful my kids are old enough that traveling on a plane with them was actually a pleasure.
  • I am grateful to have the energy to start exercising again. (It makes my family grateful too - trust me.)

What are you grateful for this week?

2 Comments:

Manic Mommy said...

I am so very, very grateful that the nice weather is finally here!

I'm grateful for a neighborhood where a pleasant evening spent on the front steps with a glass of wine is not an unusual occurrence.

I am grateful for my house painters who spent 10 hours yesterday removing God-knows-how-many years of old paint (and a little rotted wood) from my house. And that they'll be back today to keep the momentum.

I can't find my blog said...

I'm grateful:
-that standardized testing is almost over.
-that my parents are coming in this weekend.
-for the 3 pounds that I gained, instead of the 10 that I thought I'd gained.
-that it's warmer this week.
-that school is out in about a month.
-for my friend Merlot Mom!

©2010 merlotmom.com. All rights reserved. Reproductions of any portion of this website only at the express permission of merlotmom.com.